Sunday 28 February 2016

Week 4 Term 1

Car Shopping

This week we shared the big book 'Car Shopping' written by Dot Meharry.  


Firstly, we talked about what sort of car would suit a family with 3 children and a dog.  We came up with lots of different ideas.

Daniel –  A white van
Noah - A racing car 
Elizabeth - A sparkly purple car
Charlotte - A sparkly silver car 
Anja –  A Toyota
Alanna - A flash car
Harry - A Blue shiny one 
Tahlia - A 5-seater 
Mia - A sparkly pink limo
Riley - A green/white one
Aston - A blue BMW
Sam - A white car

Then we went out to look at the cars in our school carpark.  
We saw many different types of cars that we thought would be suitable for a family. 






We read our shared book each day.  We got really good at using our expressive voices when we spoke the words that Mum and Dad used in the story.  They looked at lots of cars when they went shopping.  They were "too new", "too old", "too fast" etc.

We learnt all about the word "too".  Now we know there are 3 types of the word "too", "to" and "two".  They all mean different things but sound the same.  These words are called 'homonyms'.

Later in the week, we drew or painted a car that we would like if we were car shopping.  
Come into our classroom to see our cool pictures.



3 comments:

  1. Hi Ruma Piwakawaka,

    I have seen your fabulous pictures of cars and now I know about all your learning around "Car Shopping". I think I would like you all to come with me when I need to buy a new car because you are car shopping experts now.

    From Ms Gerritsen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think they should all get bikes instead! Bikes are great! I wonder if there would be any problems if they had bikes instead of a car? What things would be better?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think they should all get bikes instead! Bikes are great! I wonder if there would be any problems if they had bikes instead of a car? What things would be better?

    ReplyDelete